APQ's Tone it Down Quilt Along

Hello quilters! We are here again to tell you more about the Tone it Down Quilt Along. The quilt, which was designed by Miss ModaLissa, is featured in the February 2014 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting. Pick one up to join in.


As we finish up the quilt, I wanted to share a bit more about my process. As you know, I went with a more planned version than some others. Mainly to satisfy my OCD tendencies! This made piecing the rows a bit easier. I did not have to step back and place the blocks based on the assortment of fabrics used! The placement was already predetermined.


I alternated blue/green blocks and red/yellow blocks in each row. You wind up with a pseudo-scrappy look, which is exactly what I was going for!


I used red and white fabric for the four patches and added bright blue sashing for an extra pop. I must admit, I love it.


Now the quilt is all ready to be quilted. I bet you can't wait to see the finished project! We can't wait to show you.

Get your copy of American Patchwork and Quilting to join in the Tone it Down fun! Share photos on Flickr and post them all over the internet. If you do join in, let us know what fabrics you choose!
P.S. more versions from ModaLissa, Camille Roskelley, A Quilting Life, Amy's Creative Side, Bunny Hill, Quilt Jane, Primitive Gatherings and Miss Rosie's. Go tell them how much you love their Tone it Down quilts!

Labels: , , ,